Cover photo by Gabe Toth.
You've been asking for it for a while... So here it is - our very first in our series of video tutorials. This video is for all you fresh new Triggertrap kids who want to see how the Triggertrap mobile kit comes together with your equipment!
Video: Taking your first photo with Triggertrap Mobile
In Words: How to take your first photo with Triggertrap Mobile
What you'll need:
- Smart device such as smart phone, tablet, etc.
- Triggertrap app, available from both the App store and Google Play store.
- Triggertrap mobile kit, available from our shop.
1. First off you'll need to grab our app! The Triggertrap app is free download from both the App store and Google Play store.
2. Once you've got yourself a shiny new Triggertrap mobile kit, you'll need to take it out of the box and identify the pieces.
3. Here is the order of assembly:
- Insert the Triggertrap mobile dongle jack into the headphone port of you smart device (i.e. smartphone, tablet)
- Plug the Triggertrap Camera Cable into the other end of the mobile dongle
- The other end of the Triggertrap Camera Cable plugs into the remote control (cable release) port on your camera.
4. Next, open the app. Make sure your device's volume is turned all the way up. For Android devices, you'll need the media volume turned all the way up.
5. Triggertrap does not like autofocus. Please make sure you set your camera and lens to manual focus.
6. Test with Simple Cable Release mode that everything is working, and you should be good to go!
If your set up does not appear to be working, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further troubleshooting help. If you are using the app version 2.0, you can refer to the troubleshooting page in the app and try out the tips there to see if you can fix the issue yourself before getting in touch.