Cover photo by Eric and Aiden Barger.
Applications for this job are now closed. Triggertrap is looking for an experienced Android developer to join our team. You will be working on the award-winning Triggertrap Mobile, as well as taking the lead on some exciting new apps. You will be among the first developers to join the team, so will be working closely with Matt our CTO to shape the future direction of our company's software. We're not an agency, so no boring corporate apps here: these are strictly in-house, and guaranteed to be interesting. We're pushing the limits of mobile app development, using every sensor we can find, low-level audio handling, image processing and custom UIs. If you like to roll your own sine waves, write to raw sockets and handle 3-axis accelerometer data this is the place for you.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in our Bristol office.
A profitable, bootstrapped startup, developing exciting and successful hardware and software for photographers. Our apps have been in the top ten for their categories in several countries, and have been featured everywhere from Gizmodo and the Guardian to Forbes and Engadget.
An experienced developer who lives and breathes mobile. While you're most home on Android, it would be good if you also had some experience with iOS. You should have significant experience in creating advanced custom Android interfaces.
You are active in open source, and have probably released a few projects of your own or made significant contributions to others. Because of this, using git is second nature. An interest in photography would be good, but not essential.
We will offer you:
- The chance to work at a fast-growing, profitable startup on exciting apps that push the limits of mobile app development.
- Flexible working: we're more interested in the work you're doing than when and where you're doing it. That said, we do find we collaborate best when we're in the same room, so you need to be based near us in Bristol.
- Choose your own kit. We know your tools are a very personal choice, so we'll give you a generous budget to buy your own computer, monitor(s), software, tablet, camera etc. We have a huge library of mobile devices and cameras for you to play with too.
- Generous share options.
- Generous bonuses.
- Relocation expenses.
- All the usual perks: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension.
- Friday beers. Drinks are on us.
- ...and, of course, a competitive salary.
How to apply
Applications for this job are now closed.