Cover photo by Phillip Baker
Hi! We're Triggertrap, and we're looking for a fantastically clever Happiness Champion to join our expanding team. What's a Happiness Champion? We're very glad you asked! (And, to be fair, the job title is a working title, so if you have a better idea of what it should be, we may be able to tweak it. In fact: You should totally apply for this job with a proposal for your best job title). Anyway - The important bit here is that you will be a key part of the contact surface between Triggertrap and our customers.
You will be the spark that gets people excited about Triggertrap by offering help to those who need it, and by helping inspire a generation of Triggertrap photographers. You will be working closely with our Head of Happiness, and will be enthusiastic about making the Triggertrap community the best of places to be.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in our London office (in King’s Cross).
We are nothing without our customers, and our Happiness Champion will ensure that our sad customers are turned into happy customers, our happy customers are turned into returning customers, and that those who haven’t heard of us yet will be cured of that affliction.
We’re a pretty new company, born from a wildly successful Kickstarter project in July 2011. Our flagship product is Triggertrap Mobile, a combination of hardware and mobile apps that lets you trigger your SLR from your smartphone in loads of different ways. This shot into the top five in the App Store charts around the world, and has now been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times.
Most recently we ran another massively successful Kickstarter campaign for Triggertrap Ada, a new kind of modular camera trigger that is set to revolutionise high speed and camera trap photography. Our products have been featured everywhere from DPReview and Petapixel to Engadget, Forbes and the Observer, with universally positive press reviews. We have a pipeline of new products coming up that are going to take even more sectors of the photography world by storm.
We have a rapidly growing social media presence, along with a large and well-engaged user-base, but we have a lot of ideas about how we can get people even more excited about Triggertrap – That’s where we need your help: developing and implementing a wider community and customer support strategy.
- You’re an extrovert with a inexhaustible supply of patience, crisp communication skills, and problem-solving abilities that would put Sherlock Holmes to shame.
- Above everything else you love to help and enjoy the triumph of succeeding in finding solutions for others.
- You have an excellent command of the English language. You pride yourself on your spelling and grammar being damn near perfect - because you'll quickly get found out if it's not! You understand our need to be clear and correct when dealing with our customers and representing Triggertrap to the wider world.
- You have the ability to stand back and see the big picture, allowing you to pull out the relevant information needed to form better strategies.
- You'll also make a great go-between the customers in need, the development team, and the operations teams who are there to make the product and delivery experience better.
- You have a basic understanding of computer and online technical skills, making you handy around our many social platforms and forums.
- You are keen to expand on your daily tasks, play to your strengths and expand your job role.
- Seeing as you will be dealing with a die-hard photographic community on a daily basis, you get major bonus points if you already have an interest in photography.
What we offer
- The chance to work at a fast-growing, profitable startup.
- Flexible working: we’re more interested in the work you’re doing than when and where you’re doing it. That said, we do find we collaborate best when we’re in the same room, so you'll probably need to be based near us (in London).
- Salary range of £18-£21k
- Share options.
- Generous bonuses.
- All the usual perks: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension, season ticket loans.
- Friday beers. Drinks are on us
How to Apply
Applications are now closed for this position. Keep an eye on our jobs page for any upcoming vacancies!
NO AGENCIES! Any agency that contacts us in relation to this or any other position will be blacklisted and reported to the ICO. No, seriously.