Cover photo by David Hopley.
Triggertrap is hiring a Head of Happiness to join the team. You will be a key part of the contact surface between Triggertrap and our customers, whether that happens on our site or on the wider internet. You will be the spark that gets people excited about Triggertrap by offering help to those who need it, and by helping inspire a generation of Triggertrap photographers. You will be working closely with the whole team, and you'll have a bucketload of great ideas for how Triggertrap can be used to take more and better photos.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in our London office (in King's Cross).
We are nothing without our customers, and our Head of Happiness will ensure that our sad customers are turned into happy customers, our happy customers are turned into returning customers, and that those who haven't heard of us yet will be cured of that affliction.
We are a highly profitable startup, developing exciting and successful hardware and software for photographers. We have a rapidly growing social media presence, along with a large and well-engaged user-base, but we have a lot of ideas about how we can get people even more excited about Triggertrap - That's where we need your help: Developing and implementing a wider community, social media, and and customer support strategy.
You're a relentless extrovert, and a fantastic all-rounder with a ton of patience, crisp communication skills, and a metric tonne of good ideas. You'll be blogging, creating instruction videos, helping create documentation, dealing with user support tickets, and acting as a catalyst to ensure that some of the best artwork created with Triggertrap is showcased well. You'll be doing community outreach (for example, interact with people who write about Triggertrap on their own blogs), run competitions, and help plan the social and creative side of where we are headed.
The job is a bit customer support, a bit marketing, a bit PR, a bit documentation, a bit journalism... Basically, there's a lot to be done, but you are encouraged to help shape your own job, playing to your strengths. A great Head of Happiness should be part of that community, so you should probably be a keen photographer, too.
- Flawless command of English with a snappy turn of phrase
- Ability to build buzz around an exciting suite of products
- Patience & ability to help customers find the solutions to their problems
- A basic level of technical skills, both in terms of general computer stuff as well as blogging platforms, Vimeo, YouTube, etc
- Strong photography skills, broad photography knowledge, and a solid understanding of a wide range of cameras is a must - you'll have to identify the issues a photographer might be struggling with, and then help fix them.
- Extra bonus points if you know what an Arduino is.
We will offer you:
- The chance to work at a fast-growing, profitable startup with a solid social media starting point
- Flexible working: we're more interested in the work you're doing than when and where you're doing it. That said, we do find we collaborate best when we're in the same room, so you need to be based near us (in London).
- Choose your own kit: We'll give you a generous budget to buy your own computer equipment, software, camera etc.
- Share options.
- Generous bonuses.
- All the usual perks: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension.
- Friday beers. Drinks are on us.
The salary range for this position is salary range of £20-25k; exceptional candidates would be near the top-end of that range.
How to apply
Please send the below information to .
No attachments, please, a plain-text e-mail will do nicely!
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES. No, seriously.
- A short (<500 word) covering letter, explaining why you'd be great for this job.
- A link to your online CV or LinkedIn profile.
- A link to your Flickr profile (or other photography portfolio).
- Links to some of your current writings, blogs, or other online shenanigans.